William A. Hazel, Inc., a total site development contractor for over 50 years, is looking for a Purchasing Assistant. The individual in this position will be responsible for performing duties involving data entry, clerical, and invoice approval.
- Basic clerical functions which include filing, copying, simple typing.
- Sort, distribute, deliver and pick up delivery tickets.
- File, catalogue, record and check documentation, invoices, correspondence, etc.
- Data entry of stone, FOB asphalt, concrete.
- Verify invoices for the same.
- Entry of months-end field inventory and accruals.
- The ability to discuss problems/changes on tickets and invoices with vendors.
- Education and experience requirements include high school or G.E.D. equivalent, and knowledge of business procedures.
- Experience working with computers. Basic knowledge of lotus 123, excel, e-mail and internet.
- A self-starter and able to work independently.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute, rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Organized with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- At least 6 months of experience.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Paid time off, health, dental, life and disability insurance.
- Education assistance
- Remote work may be considered.
William A. Hazel, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law.