GPS Motor Grader Operator
William A. Hazel, Inc., a total site development contractor for over 50 years, is looking for a GPS Motor Grader Operator for our Stone crews. This position reports to and is under the direction of foreman or superintendent. William A. Hazel, Inc., operates all over the Northern Virginia Area. By applying to this position, you acknowledge and understand you may be required to commute to job sites.
- Operate motor graders equipped with GPS, Laser, and sonic controlled grading systems.
- Perform work in a safe manner in accordance with W.A.H. Inc. safe work practices, policies, and procedures.
- Perform basic preventive maintenance procedures including but not limited to greasing, maintaining fluid levels, operator cab housekeeping, etc.
- Conduct a pre-operational equipment inspection checklist before operating.
- Read, interpret, and understand construction plans, blueprints, and cut sheets.
- Use Knowledge of metrology (units of measurement) associated with road construction and quality control.
- Be dependable and reliable.
- Be available to work Mon.-Fri. Some Saturdays.
- At least 2 years of experience operating motor graders. Must be able to grade and subgrade to within 1/2 inch. Fine grade stone to within a 1/4 inch as well as grade ditchlines and slopes.
- Have knowledge of and practice safety procedures and regulations related to motor grader operation.
- Candidate must be fair, honest, hardworking, and reliable.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Be able to participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Have good communication skills to coordinate with other crew members and workers on the job site.
- Have problem solving skills to identify and solve challenges associated with the operation of the motor grader.
- Be able to pay attention to detail to ensure precision and quality of work. Have a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to fumes or airborn particles, extreme cold, extreme heat,
and vibration. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and in high precarious places
and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud. Must be physically able to operate motor grader for extended periods of time.
• Paid time off, health, dental, life and disability insurance.
• Education assistance
William A. Hazel, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by law.